Small UAS have become an irreplaceable tool to gather Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance for the military. However, conventional fixed-wing drones fall short in several areas – long assembly time, lack of portability, and operating complexity among others.
Skydio X2D pairs breakthrough flight autonomy with a ruggedized, portable airframe to make it the ultimate solution for organic, unit-level ISR missions. Designed and manufactured in the USA, X2D delivers an NDAA compliant solution, selected as a trusted drone platform for the Federal Government as part of DIU’s Blue sUAS Program.
Read the white paper to learn about:
- The rise and challenges of fixed-wing UAS for military applications
- Requirements for sUAS to deliver organic, unit-level ISR to ensure mission success
- How Skydio X2D delivers the simplest and safest flight experience to let the soldier focus on the mission at hand, instead of the complexity of piloting the drone.
- How Skydio X2D supports a wide range of ISR missions to deliver a tool that it’s a true force multiplier
- The specific components of the Skydio solution for Defense